Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Special offer to Barbados with your BA Miles... or not?

Old Aug 21, 08, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold

According to "My Messages" there is a "Special offer to Barbados with your BA Miles" but clicking through just results in

Page not found

The page you requested was not found, please check and try again.

Just a web blip or am I missing out? There appears to be plenty of CW and F availability over the next month or so; would be great to bag a reduced cost award....

-- Dambus
Old Aug 21, 08, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Credit crunch and BGI being a destination that is definitely a luxury...
Old Aug 21, 08, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I clicked through on this link earlier in the week.

They were only announcing a discount on Y bookings, down by 13k miles. Travel was from about now until the same time next month.

Didn't try any dummy bookings to see if it worked for F or J.
Old Aug 21, 08, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Details as follows (the T&Cs also only mention travel in the WT cabin):

For a limited period only you can save 13,000 BA Miles on a reward flight* to Barbados! Instead of the usual 50,000 BA Miles return in World Traveller, you’ll only need 37,000 BA Miles.

Book between 18 August and 18 September for travel between 15 September and 30 November 2008 and let your BA Miles take you to this glorious Caribbean island.

Barbados has so much to offer and the people are friendly, fun loving and warm. Along with the clear blue water, this beautiful island still has secluded beaches, lots of natural charm and a variety of family activities.

So why not use your BA Miles and treat yourself to an autumn getaway?

* Subject to availability. Reward flights are subject to applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges.
Old Aug 21, 08, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Thanks. Looks like a 25% discount on Y. Similar reduction on CW/F would be interesting!
Old Aug 21, 08, 7:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by nonsoloinglese View Post
Credit crunch and BGI being a destination that is definitely a luxury...
Is it possible that being a luxury destination, the back of the plane might be more sensitive to the times than the front?

It's a bizarre one, I agree. Saw it in my messages also.
Old Aug 21, 08, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Low season sale. It's hurricane/tropical storm season after all...
Old Sep 4, 10, 8:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Just had a look at the Exececutive Club offers page and came across this and it is now a half price sale. Economy only

================================================== =====

Fly to Barbados for 50% fewer BA Miles

Coral reefs fringe the Barbados shoreline, while the trade winds ensure a pleasant tropical climate. The people are always happy to greet you and make you feel at home.

And now there’s another reason for making Barbados your destination of choice for your next reward flight. If you plan to pay using either full
BA Miles or Part Cash Part Miles, we’ll take you there for 50% off the usual BA Miles.

The offer applies to flights in World Traveller booked from now until
3 October 2010 for travel between 3 September 2010 and 31 March 2011. If all this makes it sound a rather exclusive offer, that’s because it is.

================================================== =======

Only seems to be 1st Feb and 1st March available in 2011 but lots of dates in mid to late January.

I'd rather keep my remaining miles left for any future WTP to CW by MFU but unlikely to travel much in 2011/12 so may as well use them now for a nice winter break.

Did a few dummy bookings and £524 for me/Mrs P from EDI-LGW-BGI in economy. 3 star hotels, which is fine for a 9-10 day winter holiday are around £600 so thinking of booking for 9 days in January.

Am I doing the right thing/is it a good deal??

Thanks again.

Pete
Old Sep 4, 10, 10:00 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
JOnly seems to be 1st Feb and 1st March available in 2011 but lots of dates in mid to late January.
Can't really help re the rest of your post, but I would just say that there seems to be a bug on the system which shows only the first of the month available when you look at the monthly availability calendar. You will probably find there are actually rather more dates available if you click on those dates and then search for dates either side (week forward/week back).

Search this Thread