FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some Latitude (B fares) still not fully refundable?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:41 pm
payam81

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
I wanted to cancel a ticket. Called the SE line. Agent insists my Latitude fare is
subject to a cancellation fee.

I know that there were some such fares in the past, but I was under the impression that they had all been eliminated some time back?
What does the fare rules attached to your email receipt say? Some fares ex-International still carry a change and cancel fee in B.

Those fare rules in your receipt take precedence over the fare rules in the reservation system, although some agents foolishly try a duel to death over it. Just a few nights ago I had to go through one extremely thick headed agent who outright refused to change my B ex-NRT fare for free, per fare rules included in my receipt. She then went on to refuse to transfer me to a lead agent saying "they have better things to do with their time sir!", amongst other tid bits of insult mixed in here and there. I just simply thanked her and hung up, called again and got a fabulous agent who took care of the change in minutes once I sent him a PDF of my receipt.

Needless to say I've initiated complaints at several levels regarding the treatment I received by the first agent with a few very "concerned" responses from different AC management teams so far. Seriously, do some agents really think by just refusing to connect you to a supervisor the pax would put up and shut up?