Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Some Latitude (B fares) still not fully refundable?

Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I wanted to cancel a ticket. Called the SE line. Agent insists my Latitude fare is
subject to a cancellation fee.

I know that there were some such fares in the past, but I was under the impression that they had all been eliminated some time back?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
What is the market?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Stranger
I wanted to cancel a ticket. Called the SE line. Agent insists my Latitude fare is

I know that there were some such fares in the past, but I was under the impression that they had all been eliminated some time back?
Unfortunately no.

Especially many B fares from Europe to the US via Canada have a cancellation fee, on the other hand they are much cheaper than B fares from Canada to Asia/SYD, so Im not complaining. ($1300 for a confirmed C class seat to the West Coast is a pretty good deal IMO)
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Air Canada definitely needs to do something about this on their website though.

I just did a search LHR-SFO (via YVR/YYC/YYZ) on Latitude fare basis BLXNCGBW. On the summary screen it says:

- Tickets are fully refundable and non-transferable.
- Changes are permitted free of charge, subject to availability.

However in the fare rules it says tickets are non-refundable and changes carry a fee of 100 GBP. The average person does not read the complete fare rules - all they see is spelled in bold text that the ticket is fully refundable and changes are free.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by D582

I just did a search LHR-SFO (via YVR/YYC/YYZ) on Latitude fare basis BLXNCGBW. On the summary screen it says:

However in the fare rules it says tickets are non-refundable and changes carry a fee of 100 GBP. The average person does not read the complete fare rules - all they see is spelled in bold text that the ticket is fully refundable and changes are free.
What would be the difference with a T+ ticket, then?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by tinchote
What would be the difference with a T+ ticket, then?
To UG with SWU in advance
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by Troja
To UG with SWU in advance
Good point
Old Sep 1, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by D582

I'm wondering if it might also depend on the agent you speak with on the reservations line. Recently I had to change my B fare ticket (TATL) and I asked if I could just refund the ticket, and they said there would be no fee to refund it.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger

What does the fare rules attached to your email receipt say? Some fares ex-International still carry a change and cancel fee in B.

Those fare rules in your receipt take precedence over the fare rules in the reservation system, although some agents foolishly try a duel to death over it. Just a few nights ago I had to go through one extremely thick headed agent who outright refused to change my B ex-NRT fare for free, per fare rules included in my receipt. She then went on to refuse to transfer me to a lead agent saying "they have better things to do with their time sir!", amongst other tid bits of insult mixed in here and there. I just simply thanked her and hung up, called again and got a fabulous agent who took care of the change in minutes once I sent him a PDF of my receipt.

Needless to say I've initiated complaints at several levels regarding the treatment I received by the first agent with a few very "concerned" responses from different AC management teams so far. Seriously, do some agents really think by just refusing to connect you to a supervisor the pax would put up and shut up?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by payam81
What does the fare rules attached to your email receipt say? Some fares ex-International still carry a change and cancel fee in B.

Those fare rules in your receipt take precedence over the fare rules in the reservation system, although some agents foolishly try a duel to death over it.
Good point, thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.