FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there a possibility of upgrade at Westin Las Vegas with no status?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:29 pm
mlad1101

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
So are you confirming that this practice is normal in vegas? do really people do it all the time?
sorry for going off topic but
i know that this disgusting practice is very normal in many parts of the world, but it would never ever cross to my mind that it's being practiced in the USA, even if its only in Vegas.

what about Atlantic City?
Yes atlantic city tips can get you upgrades.

I don't see how this practice is "disgusting" but to each their own. The world revolves around money, its a fact of life. If you tip you are usually going to majority of the time recieve better service and that just so happens equate to upgrades sometimes in the hotel world. Its a fact of life pertaining to a lot more than hotels.

I'd hate to break it to you but 99% of the time the guy who spends more/tips better is going to recieve better service than the one who doesn't. Just as if you yourself had two clients and one was big tipper the other not at all, you are going to do everything in your power to take care of the former. I'm just curious as to what your issue is with this?