FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F/As make out at 40000 ft
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:25 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mre5765
Why do I bother?

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1036,00.html
Also, unauthorized photography, audio, or video recording of airline personnel, aircraft equipment, or procedures is always prohibited. Any voice, audio, video, or other photography (motion or still), recording, or transmission while on any United Airlines aircraft is strictly prohibited, except to the extent specifically permitted by United Airlines.
Since you agreed to these conditions when you bought the ticket, when you post a photo of two FAs engaged in on-board coitus, you are disobeying a crew member. Which in this post-9/11 insanity, will always get you an interview with a cop.

I could see that one might get in trouble for failing to follow crew member instructions if one of them TOLD me to stop taking pictures, but I don't think anyone could reasonably assume that every passenger first studies all the various policies on an airline's website in order to be able to follow them unprompted. If it was important to UA that passengers don't take pictures, they should have the FAs make announcements at the beginning of the flight.

Once you have the video, post it "anonymously" on Youtube. I very much doubt that any law enforcement agency would be interested in tracking you down for posting that video even if it violates UA policy.