FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Non-GE/NEXUS Companions/Family Members
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:12 pm
FriendlySkies
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Darren
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
+1

Occasionally, the CBP officers on duty will allow any non-GE members with you to be processed by the officer next to the kiosk. However, GOES Support has told me that a family member has to use the regular line, while I use GE..
I believe what you were told was wrong. Only a GOES member can use the kiosk, but there is a CBP booth near the kiosk in case there are problems. I have been told by someone high up in the food chain that family members are entitled to be processed by this CBP officer while the GOES member uses the GOES machine. It's one of the perks of the system.
I know, as I mentioned above, I've been told by CBP officers and GOES Support that as the Global Entry member, I can use the kiosk, but any family have to use the regular line. However, I've also heard that some CBP officers have allowed Global Entry family to be processed at the booth next to the kiosk, while the GE member uses the kiosk.. I wasn't wrong in what I said. Reread it.
FYI, no such thing as a GOES member..