FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Non-GE/NEXUS Companions/Family Members
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:02 pm
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Darren
I believe what you were told was wrong. Only a GOES member can use the kiosk, but there is a CBP booth near the kiosk in case there are problems. I have been told by someone high up in the food chain that family members are entitled to be processed by this CBP officer while the GOES member uses the GOES machine. It's one of the perks of the system.

GOES is not a trusted traveler program. GOES does not have kiosks or members. There is no such thing as a "GOES machine" from the traveler's front-end perspective. GOES is simply a web-based application system used for applying for various trusted traveler programs, including GlobalEntry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST.

On the other hand, GlobalEntry is a trusted traveler program that has kiosks and members. I think you are referring to GlobalEntry machines and GlobalEntry members.

People really need to stop thinking that GOES is an acronym for GlobalEntry. It most certainly is not!