FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grrrr - What happened to British Civility?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:06 pm
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Grrrr - What happened to British Civility?

Following on from "Do BA have the best behaved passengers" thread, I was going to give this thread "Do BA have the rudest staff", but I realised it was not specific to BA staff.

I just landed at Heathrow from Manchester, and went to the bus station to get the 423 to Bath Road.

There were about 10 people in the queue - a typical, civilised British queue with a start and an end.

As the bus pulled in, about 15 T5 staff moved in from all sides. Not to the end of the queue, but to the front. They formed a mob that pushed their way onto the bus. The people at the front (I think were American) were a bit bemused, but didn't say anything. By the time I got on, there were no seats (not that I would have sat down anyway, it was the principal).

I was absolutely livid - and had to hold my tongue to avoid making a spectacle of myself once I got on.

Now, at least 3 of these people were in BA uniform. Others had the green BAA uniform, and a few others from shops and restaurants.

Now, I'm reluctant to post this as it'll probably get me banned. Anyway, every single one of these people were of Asian descent, so no doubt this is acceptable behaviour in their culture.

How long before this spreads to general British society - and we all end up accepting this as normal?

Yours,
Daily Mail Reader