FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Coupon books?
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:24 pm
sduffee

Hey,, Thanks for all the reply on flyertalk. Wow, I didnt expect all of this good advice. fti, you have gone out of your way to help, not only me but all others on this site. My hats off to you ^. To tell you what I have planned is getting to anchorage on the 6th. The plane lands at 7 p.m.. I have a car reserved with alamo for 4 days at a cost of $164 w/tax. Hotel reserved in anchorage for 4 nights (6,7,8,9). Then we will move into the hotel provided by the cruise line. There we will spend Fri. night before boarding the motor coach the will take us up to MCKINLEY PRINCESS LODGE where we will stay the night. The next day they take us to DENALI, where we will stay for the night. On the final day of the tour we will board the DENALI EXPRESS TO WHITTIER. There we will board the ship.

I have purchase a Toursaver with only 4 coupons missing off E-bay for a price of $30, which I felt was a fair price. The missing coupons are the ones that I have no interest in. So hopefully I can get at least $30 worth of saving out of the book. I thinking of driving to Seward for the Kenai Fjiords cruise (which is the only one left at that time, being that we are not going to be there on a weekend), then stopping at Alaska Sealife Center on the way back to anchorage.

I already my reservation made at the hotel in anchorage, and got a very fair price on it. So I dont want to have to go hotel hopping, I am not one who likes packing and unpacking every day. I am thinking of going on a alaska railroad tour on one of our days in anchorage. But without having the book in my hands at this time (its being shipped today), I dont want to "count my chickens before the hatch". In other words making plans only to find out that the coupons needed for the event will be expired. But I am sure I will find lots to do in the book.

Next I need to work on our days spent in Vancouver. When we get off the ship in Canada, we will be staying there a couple of days before going home.

fti, again I want to thank you for your help.