Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

Alaska Coupon books?

Alaska Coupon books?

Old Sep 26, 10, 2:59 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by fti View Post
Welcome to FT.

Most vendors can not afford to accept unlimited numbers of Toursaver coupons, which is understandable. Actually 3 years ago, a hotel in Seward told me when I checked in during my visit in May that they had already accepted all the 2-for-1 coupons for the season that they could.

Note too that if a vendor says "no" when you try to pre-book, you can always try again the day of a tour. If the tour is not full, it is very possible that they will accept the coupon after all since getting one paid fare is better than getting none.
Thanks for letting me know about this Alaska tour saver coupon book. I got on off e-bay for $30 and saved OVER $1500 on all of our tours.... Well Worth the Money....
sduffee is offline  
Old Apr 12, 11, 2:26 pm
  #92  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Coupon book for 2011?

Does anyone have the 2011 book yet? I haven't bought one yet but will probably get one later this summer since our trip is not until September. But, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the coupon code is for the Denali Princess Lodge. There is still availability to use the coupon now, but if I wait until I get a used book later, there might not be.

Anyone able to share this information for 2011?

Thanks
traveld is offline  
Old Apr 12, 11, 10:34 pm
  #93  
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MN
Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Posts: 11,901
Originally Posted by traveld View Post
Does anyone have the 2011 book yet? I haven't bought one yet but will probably get one later this summer since our trip is not until September. But, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the coupon code is for the Denali Princess Lodge. There is still availability to use the coupon now, but if I wait until I get a used book later, there might not be.

Anyone able to share this information for 2011?

Thanks
Which book? There are two - Northern Lights (alaska-discounts.com) and Toursaver (toursaver.com). All offers from both are clearly stated online. Most companies don't require the book number of the Toursaver book in order to make a reservation (though a few do). So most likely you could make the reservation without having the book in hand. And there is a code for each book, but not for each coupon. And since each book has a unique code/book number, having someone share their book number won't help you unless you show up with their book in hand when you arrive.
fti is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 9:53 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by fti View Post
Which book? There are two - Northern Lights (alaska-discounts.com) and Toursaver (toursaver.com). All offers from both are clearly stated online. Most companies don't require the book number of the Toursaver book in order to make a reservation (though a few do). So most likely you could make the reservation without having the book in hand. And there is a code for each book, but not for each coupon. And since each book has a unique code/book number, having someone share their book number won't help you unless you show up with their book in hand when you arrive.
Having never seen one of these books, not sure what number the reservation will need. I'm leaning towards Northern Lights. Since the entire book is not needed when using the coupon, just the coupon, I'm surmising that each coupon must have something like an offer code on the coupon. The Princess reservation desk told me that I need the code when I make the reservation in order to take advantage of the offer.

So, if anyone is able to assist with providing this number from the Northern Lights book, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks.
traveld is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 11:52 am
  #95  
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MN
Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Posts: 11,901
Originally Posted by traveld View Post
So, if anyone is able to assist with providing this number from the Northern Lights book, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks.
You got the same answer on Trip Advisor. You should know, being on FT, that if you get the wrong answer, hang up and call again.
fti is offline  
Old Apr 14, 11, 7:20 am
  #96  
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SGF
Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Posts: 22,925
Originally Posted by traveld View Post
I'm surmising that each coupon must have something like an offer code on the coupon.
Can't speak to Princess, but the company I work for has a coupon in the Northern Lights book that doesn't have a particular code.

Of course, we're a smaller company, so when someone calls and asks about "the Northern Lights coupon," it's pretty obvious what they're referring to.

Agree with fti--call Princess back and try again.
jackal is online now  
Old Jul 10, 11, 10:54 pm
  #97  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Posts: 17,402
No selling

Folks,

We've deleted several posts from this thread from people offering to buy and sell coupon books from/to each other. The rules you agreed to when you registered here state that FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and that this type of posting is not allowed. Further posts of this nature will result in your accounts being suspended.

Thank you for your cooperation.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
l etoile is offline  
Old Aug 15, 11, 10:08 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Posts: 3,360
Originally Posted by fti View Post
You got the same answer on Trip Advisor. You should know, being on FT, that if you get the wrong answer, hang up and call again.
Best advice on FT!
travelkid is offline  
Old Aug 22, 11, 9:03 am
  #99  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Posts: 590
Just got back from Alaska using the Northern Lights discount book. I bought two books for a 4-person trip. Only a few pages were used. On one of the book, I used only two - major marine tours. But, the book paid for itself already. To me, basically, the book is useful for the museums, tour companies especially day cruises.
opus2002 is offline  
Old Jul 2, 12, 9:41 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MCO
Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Posts: 794
Does anyone have the '12 books? From postings in this thread years ago, is it still necessary to have the entire Toursaver book at the merchant?
I'm only looking for one coupon out of each book and would hate to have to lug the whole thing around.
TTnC4me is offline  
Old Jul 14, 12, 10:00 am
  #101  
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MN
Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Posts: 11,901
Originally Posted by TTnC4me View Post
Does anyone have the '12 books? From postings in this thread years ago, is it still necessary to have the entire Toursaver book at the merchant?
I'm only looking for one coupon out of each book and would hate to have to lug the whole thing around.
You need to carry the entire Toursaver book.

Which coupon do you need from Northern Lights? PM me with your andwer.
fti is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: