FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:51 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Apologies if this has been asked/answered before but I was wondering if anyone knew if BAA/BA/AA/the power that be at LHR would ever consider extending the underground T5 train to T3's gates to better facilitate airside connections without having to use the bus?!
It's been mentioned before in this thread over in the BA forum as "speculation":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...pdates-41.html

but as I just posted in a question there, it seems to me they first have to get T5C (the C set of gates at T5) up and going, and figure out what'll go there, before it makes sense for them to consider extending the train beyond C. How can a train go beyond C if doesn't even go to C yet?

And to me, the bigger upside would be not so much avoiding the bus per se, but avoiding the FCC and its security parade after you get off the bus. (I guess the bus isn't secure enough, and/or comes from too many different places, that they can't trust the security you got somewhere, even though they can when you stay instide the terminal you arrived at.)