FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Continental tests 'self-boarding' at Houston airport
Old Aug 13, 2010, 4:58 am
Patrick B

Programs: AC SE, AA Plat, ICS Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CO DCA
Late in replying to the response to my posts but...

My experience with the LH self boarding gates is all LH domestic at FRA. The scrum developed before boarding recent flights to ATH and BCN. I generally don't take LH from FRA to the U.S. That said, the gate agents were awful, apathetic, and did not reinforce German stereotypes, but that's a different post.
Actually, I've found the LH gate agents to be much the opposite. Very stereo-typical German, in that the rules were the rules, and must be obeyed.

I have often found that they call passengers with infants and small children, and *normally* in North America they allow *G and FC/BC passengers to board at the same time. In Frankfurt they ONLY allowed passengers with infants and small children. *G and other status passengers had to wait.

I've used to self-boarding gates with Lufthansa several times, and have never had a problem with them (Frankfurt, Munich, and Dusseldorf etc). They've always worked fine for me. I much prefer them.

Patrick