FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Coupon books?
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:45 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by angryfish
Waiting for my TourSaver book to arrive for our trip next week! Can't wait - well worth the $100. Already booked Talkeetna Air Taxi, Major Marine Kenai Fjords 6 hr Tour, and Ninilchik COMBO Fishing (they let me pay difference in price from just the all day Halibut trip!) Upsetting though that some of the vendors had already reached their max for the coupons - like Kenai Fjords/Prince William Sound boat tours....but...just an FYI for future reference...Major Marine WILL honor the full day tour coupons that Kenai/PWS will not!
Welcome to FT.

Most vendors can not afford to accept unlimited numbers of Toursaver coupons, which is understandable. Actually 3 years ago, a hotel in Seward told me when I checked in during my visit in May that they had already accepted all the 2-for-1 coupons for the season that they could.

Note too that if a vendor says "no" when you try to pre-book, you can always try again the day of a tour. If the tour is not full, it is very possible that they will accept the coupon after all since getting one paid fare is better than getting none.