FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles accelarator bonus : Only eligible in month of ticketing
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:22 am
kshastry

OK. Here is the latest update. I tried third time and failed again. I have given up now.

-------------------------

Dear Mr kshastry,

Thank you for your email with regards to Bonus Miles. Please be advised that the below flight was not included in the Miles Accelerator promotion for the month of July and hence there was no bonus miles credited to your Skywards Account. Thank you for your support of Emirates and we look forward to welcoming you back on board.

Yours sincerely,

-------------------------------

In otherwords, what they seem to be saying is, if you have ticketed a flight in say July for travel in July-August, and if the August's flight has "declared" bonus in July itself, then only you are eligible. In my case, I don't remember whether that flight had bonus delcared in July. However, it certainly has bonus in August, and I had registered for it well before my travel.

If the above is correct, then EK can declare bonus, and it doesn't automatically guaranteed that you will get them just because you have registered for it OR booked tix at EK website.

I had assumed that overcomplications are the traits of sub-continent (only)