FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue IFC deploys emergency slide
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:59 am
[email protected]

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, AC Super Elite, DL Plat, NW Gold, CO Gold Elite, BA Gold, PR Elite,
Originally Posted by flyinbob
The real criminals here are the people with all the "hero worship". They insure this guy will be on every talk show, in every magazine, on every TV channel ad nauseum. "Reality show" of course, probably helping other people go out in a "blaze of glory". And it will be cute and funny until one of these idiot copycatters does something really stupid and some innocent bystander gets hurt.

Yes, he did what lots of people would like to do. BUT THEY DON'T. It's called being grown up. And it is a great way to leave a crappy job, assuming of course you just won the lottery and don't plan on working anymore.

Before teenagers took over TV and now anyone who can cry on cue gets their own "reality show", we would all applaud this guy, we would go back to work, and he would disappear into the streets. Now of course we will have to listen to his version of events over and over and over and over... I'm wondering how many people will copy this in some form over the next few weeks expecting the same "hero worship".

CALL me an IDIOT but if Jet Blue and other airlines backed
up their cabin crews when pax are wrong and at the same time
keep the over zelous ones from jumping the gun, I think scenes like
this would not happen. Paying cumstomers are NOT always right.
I travel over 400k miles per year and I see almost every week how
FAs are treated like servants by some pax and ignored when they ask
pax to sit down, return to their seats, or turn off the phone.

I think this FA, while doing the wrong thing, tried to make best of a very bad personal situation. Other would have taken that bag and retaliated with it on the pax's head. FA Slatter just took his job and shoved it in his own very unique way as for the future copycats? They are the brainless, unoriginal, idoits. Let them sit and rot.

Last edited by [email protected]; Aug 10, 2010 at 9:04 am Reason: syntex