FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miles Recognition from AC
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2010, 4:25 pm
Papsler

Programs: ACSE*2MM
1 Million Miles Club

As all of us, I was also surprised to receive a wooden box this past week in recognition of having flown 1 Million Miles with Air Canada. As other members have already posted, only AC and Jazz miles flown count towards this recognition program.
I took a picture to share with the members of the B777-300ER model that was shipped in a wonderful black box with “Air Canada” and “1 Million Miles with Air Canada” embroidered on the lid. In the box, was also booklet that contained 4 upgrade certificates (2 x system wide; 2 x special) as well as a new SE card (I was already SE member) and luggage tags with real leather bands that AC used to mail out many years ago before they switched to the plastic bands.
I do remember many years ago, I was sitting beside a SE that had life-time status on Canadian that AC recognized him as life-time AC SE – I don’t know if that benefit is still in effect and would be interested to know if that grandfathered program still exists for ex CP members.
In any case, I think this is a huge step for AC to start recognizing their most loyal passengers and will probably keep me flying on AC.