FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2010 Edition.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:05 pm
shadesupordown

Delayed 15+ hours ORD->NRT->BKK

5 hour mechanical delay at ORD caused everyone to miss their connecting flights in NRT->BKK. Thus United overnighted us at NRT and put us on a Thai airlines flight the next day. Total delay to destination BKK 15+ hours.

I had another connecting flight out of BKK the next day elsewhere so this delay caused me to miss that flight (not star alliance). I had to buy a new ticket on another airline. Not to mention I missed a night in BKK at a nice hotel (prepaid).

As a loyal and continued 1k I was upgraded business throughout (systemwide upgrade) however, United did not book me on business on Thai airlines (even though there were plenty of business seats available). Thai airlines has about the least legroom I have ever seen on an airline in economy.

So after losing a good day of my trip I am out:
-Cost of another airline ticket
-Cost of night of hotel in BKK that I did not use
-Systemwide upgrade did not apply to Thai airlines even though I was confirmed throughout on United

Here is the offer (I am not going to take it, this is an insult and I plan to take my business elsewhere)

->$350 domestic certificate
->12,500 miles
->20% discount certificate (international as of 8/1/10)

Are my feelings wrong? Should I be a happy camper with United's offer?