FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AKL - Tahiti or Bora Bora
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:31 am
SEA2BA

Programs: UA and BA
Originally Posted by appfly
Hi,
I am going to spend 4 weeks in NZ from late October to late November this year. I will be flying in to AKL from Sweden (29 hours) and stay 2-3 days in AKL before flying on to Cook islands, French polynesia or any other paradise island in the region for a week before returning to AKL and tour NZ.

The problem I have is that via ANZ website I can only find flights to Cook Islands (RAR) eventhough there are other airports listed like Papatee on Tahiti. But the serach resturns an error saying the airport is unknown. I have also search the forum and found flights to Papatee (NZ40/41). Are these flights not available online?

Which island should I go to, considering the flight options from AKL, great resort with excellent snorkelling right of the beach?
Not that you shouldn't consider French Polynesia but don't necessarily skip over "only [emphasis mine]... Cook Islands."

I just spent 2 spectacular weeks there in May. I stayed on the secondary island, Aitutaki (a 45-minute small plane ride from RAR) and it absolutely fulfills the requirements you listed, "paradise island" with "great resort with excellent snorkeling right off the beach."

Just my 2 cents.