FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton BWI (Baltimore) [Master thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:03 am
NDDomer86
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I stayed here the other night and must admit I'm not overly fond of the place. There was nothing terrible about any aspect of my stay, but there was nothing particularly great either. From the outside, this hotel looks similar to the new build Sheratons, but that's about where the newness stops. The hallways are dismal and worn. I can't really place my finger on what exactly it was about the room I was given (240-Handicapped Suite) but it just felt old, not grimy, dirty, or worn, but old. Perhaps it was the frosted glass window on the doors reminiscent of office doors you see in old movies on television. Maybe it was the low lighting in the room. Maybe it was the very shallow though wide windows with the heavy roll down burlap feeling curtains. I did not partake of the evening offerings, so do not know what was offered or the quality, but I did have breakfast both the morning of arrival and the morning of departure. It was a substantial breakfast with fruit, eggs, sausage, bacon, bread, and pastries, but I find the breakfast at the Sheraton Charlotte Airport and Sheraton Ontario Airport to be a bit better.