FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Birmingham Metropole {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:29 pm
Wadge

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Fire alarm at 4am sharp in Birmingham Metropole - is a report available?

Hello All,

I am just back with my family from Birmingham Metropole. On our last night before departure the fire alarm went off. We took it seriously, picked up the babies from the bed and we ran towards the exit just as we were after getting out of the bed on bare foot and in pyjamas. Soon one single fire engine arrived and we waited 45 minutes on the cold parking space tarmac before we were allowed to go back to our rooms.

Obviously, it never happens at good times but it was suspicious for me that it all happened at 4am sharp. It was exactly 4:00 when we were schocked by the noise and looked at the watch. I asked the lady at check-out what happened who told me it was an event from one of the bedrooms so they had to investigate it but didnt tell more. I am just wondering if anyone can request a detailed event report. The timing is pretty strange and this "bedroom" reason may be just a polite way of telling us nothing.

It also made me wondering as the Executive rooms are on top floors, what if it had happened to me when I was in the Niagara Falls Hilton? Running down from floor 47 or so and then walk back with kids... not the best location from risk point of view and what if there is a "real" fire.. nigthmare