FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ to Seoul: AC vs. Singapore--what do you think?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:14 am
jarusoba

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by propensityscore
Hi there,

So here's another wrinkle and a question:

1) The wrinkle: for some reason I'd originally thought that the Amex 20% off executive first code would apply beyond N. American flights, but it doesn't, so as of yesterday, SQ got a bit more attractive looking. However, when I checked the SQ itinerary (YYZ to SFO to ICN) I noticed that SQ uses their 777s to fly to ICN, which means that they are the old cabin configurations, i.e., none of the lovely, new biz class pods. (The latter of which a pal of mine who's taken SQ noted are far superior to the AC pods.)

2) The question: my Asia traveling friend also suggested the ICN-NRT-YYZ route, and I had a look on the AC website to book it, but couldn't bring up such an itinerary. There was no use trying to book it via the multi-city option as the ICN-NRT connection didn't register as being a valid one. Any idea how to book this aside from telephoning AC directly?

Cheers,
PS
1) SQ 777 flying long haul all have new cabin config. The old 772 are only for regional flights. So no worries.
2) Just call AC. ICN-NRT-YYZ is the same price as ICN-YVR-YYZ. AC.com is useless in this regard.