FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inventory availability- when updated?
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2010, 8:29 am
zman

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I was just wondering when do AA update their inventory buckets? Why I am asking is that for the past few days, I have been trying to book a ticket originating from the US and on the AA website, I keep getting after entering all my CC info the message that due to changes in the inventory, the price for the ticket has now increased [$100 more].

If this happened one day I can understand, but the last few days, this gets irritating. I prefer to get it on AA because I want to keep the ticket under control of AA [EXP desk] and not a 3rd party site.

Or should I just grab it from the 3rd party site which is able to offer it at the fare I want?

Also, do "O" buckets ever appear for tran-atalantic fares to EU or is "S" the lowest fare for these itinearies?

Thanks!

Fare buckets/availability are updated several times during the day. I have not been able to figure out when.
I have seen some AA.COM issues lately where if only 1 or 2 fare buckets are available (ie W1), AA.COM will not pull it up, but Sabre will.
You can also have EXP book it, instead of AA.COM. EXP uses Sabre.

On your O vs S?, depends on City pair and routing and time of year. AA can make any code available any time, based on competition.