Inventory availability- when updated?

Old Jul 26, 10, 7:08 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Inventory availability- when updated?

Hi,

I was just wondering when do AA update their inventory buckets? Why I am asking is that for the past few days, I have been trying to book a ticket originating from the US and on the AA website, I keep getting after entering all my CC info the message that due to changes in the inventory, the price for the ticket has now increased [$100 more].

If this happened one day I can understand, but the last few days, this gets irritating. I prefer to get it on AA because I want to keep the ticket under control of AA [EXP desk] and not a 3rd party site.

Or should I just grab it from the 3rd party site which is able to offer it at the fare I want?

Also, do "O" buckets ever appear for tran-atalantic fares to EU or is "S" the lowest fare for these itinearies?

Thanks!

Old Jul 26, 10, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering when do AA update their inventory buckets? Why I am asking is that for the past few days, I have been trying to book a ticket originating from the US and on the AA website, I keep getting after entering all my CC info the message that due to changes in the inventory, the price for the ticket has now increased [$100 more].

If this happened one day I can understand, but the last few days, this gets irritating. I prefer to get it on AA because I want to keep the ticket under control of AA [EXP desk] and not a 3rd party site.

Or should I just grab it from the 3rd party site which is able to offer it at the fare I want?

Also, do "O" buckets ever appear for tran-atalantic fares to EU or is "S" the lowest fare for these itinearies?

Thanks!

Fare buckets/availability are updated several times during the day. I have not been able to figure out when.
I have seen some AA.COM issues lately where if only 1 or 2 fare buckets are available (ie W1), AA.COM will not pull it up, but Sabre will.
You can also have EXP book it, instead of AA.COM. EXP uses Sabre.

On your O vs S?, depends on City pair and routing and time of year. AA can make any code available any time, based on competition.
Old Jul 26, 10, 9:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post

I had the same problem recently,and finally went with the external site. While commenting about the "control" issue via email with a knowledgeable FTer, he indicated that, since I had upgraded the itinerary with SWUs, and the ticket was reissued by AA, it was now completely controlled by them, and not the third party. If you're planning to use SWUs, this will work for you as well.

Cheers.

Search this Thread