FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA / Miami Airport AA Terminal Renovations (consolidated)
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:59 pm
Södermalm

Originally Posted by twoaisleplane

I suppose the answer is $$$, but why didn't they build this as a loop (like SFO or ORD) with stops at each terminal? I hate shuttle buses, but it seems like the inconvenience factor will be pretty high here. You'd never put the passenger car dropoff that far away, why force it on those who are helping reduce congestion by taking public transportation?
The horseshoe design at MIA is much smaller than SFO or ORD, and the walk should be only a few hundred feet at the longest point.

Originally Posted by ty97

MIA really has come a long way, and since you aren't going to have to deal with the dungeon that is the Eagle area (aka D35) you have nothing much to fear.

The new Eagle regional concourse should be opening in the next few weeks, without the covered walkway, and the dungeon Eagle gate D35 will then close. Currently scheduled for 8/3, although this will probably change.

Expect to hear a lot of complaining about the long walk to the eagle gates for a few weeks until the train opens.

Originally Posted by jbcarioca

The MIA Mover has had several delays and now won't be open until 2012, so they say. http://www.micdot.com/mcs_mia_mover.html .
To the contrary, the MIA mover was originally scheduled for 2012, but the completion has now been advanced to 2011. The website has not been updated yet.

Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Looks the same as yesterday. Only gates 10, 12, 14, 16 and 20 opened. If you note on the map they are all on the same side of the low "D" terminal. I wonder what the hold up is? The MIA website still says gates 1-20 open today but, only the ones that opened yesterday are open today, no new ones.
In concourse A, The 8 gates closest to the existing D gates are now open, and the High E gates are not being used by AA. The far 8 gates in concourse A will reopen when the train is operational in September.