FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:50 am
lfc84

I submitted a claim on saturday. I have heard nothing (apart from the auto generated email confirmation) so i have called central reservations.

In the first call I made, the agent told me that she did not know who or where the claims were dealt with and could not give me a direct number of a department to speak to.

The second call that i made siad that the hotels deal with the claims themselves directly, so the agent said i would be best to contact the hotel concerned directly.

So my 3rd call was directly to the hotel. They said they had never heard of the best rate guarantee but did say they would price match. I then informed them that the BRG stated there would be a $50 (local currency equivalent) adjustment.

They again said they hadnt head of it. So I offered to email the link of the BRG to them.

I await their response.

This is the first time in about a decade that I have contemplated staying at one of the group properties - in ths case Hampton.

My experience thus far does not make me inclined to switch from IHG where I am Platimun. Im really, really unimpressed so far.