FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ to Seoul: AC vs. Singapore--what do you think?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:22 pm
global happy traveller

SQ is great.... AC is great.... Let me compare the two

SQ Features:
- Book the cook
- A largeeee meal (App, Mains, Desserts, Cheese, Fruit, Fresh Noodles for midflight snack, A typical breakfast)
- Flat / wide bed facing forwards
- A real large screen TV
- Toiletries in the washroom
- Bag with just socks and eye cover
- Connection via US (outbound you can use the CNX shuttle, inbound you need to clear US Customs, walk across terminal and Security)
- Incur one more flight between SFO/YYZ (5 hours more) and flight CNX may be missed (protected if you buy it in one through ticket or made arrangements with both airlines of the CNX)
- Standardized protocol service with a desire to please the passenger (sometimes people feel its a lil overkill)
- To be honest I am not too pleased with SQ's SFO ground staff (the language I heard in another language was relatively rude)

AC Features
- 4 main courses along with Apps, Desserts, Cheese, Fruit, Packaged snacks and dim sum, cup noodles for midflight snack and a typical breakfast)
- Herringbone seats with widescreen TV (narrower than SQ) I beleive its a little harder back too
- Toiletres bag with toothbrush, socks, eyeshades, Lotion, Lip Balm
- You clear one customs only to canada.... (at first port of entry)
- AC will look after you from start to end and not be bounced around by two airlines laying blame if something goes wrong
- Canadian attitudes and intimacy service
- Less entertainment choices than SQ

Is it worth 2K? Dunno, its up to the individual.... I am happy with the sleep and service I get on AC