FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tipping-Who has been chased down outside a restaurant
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:53 pm
Italy98

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by milepig
Actuially still IN the restaurant, and the situation was NO tip rather than too small.

Fairly embarrasing actually, I was part of a group or maybe 4-5 people, and another member collected all our cash and then put the whole thing on his credit card, neglecting to add a tip.

I was sort of the last one leaving and the waiter pulled me aside and explained the lack of a tip for what was a fairly large bill.

I offered to take care of it, and it turned out that since I didn't have enough cash (having just GIVEN all my cash to the person who paid the bill) I tried to put it on my credit card. Turned out they couldn't bill me for tax only, so I "bought" a cup of coffee and left a huge tip.
Originally Posted by Flahusky
If that was to ever happen, I assure you there is a call to the restaurant owner/mgr in question and snail mail to back up the call.
Depending on the wait persons attitude, a call to the local police for assault may happen.
milepig Which is why I offer to leave the tip. I see the bill and collect the appropriate amount from whoever is paying the check. Precludes any embarrassing scenes while ensuring an appropriate amount has been collected from everyone in the group.

Flahusky, would your response apply in milepig's situation?