FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much am I going to spend in BJ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2010, 9:55 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
I don't think any threads exist on that exact topic, but Xiaowangfu (near Kerry Center) is a no brainer. For $40 (maybe even $25), you'll be able to get a duck, lazijiding, deep fried spare ribs, some veggies, and beer. Even though Peter doesn't like it, those guys make my favorite duck in Beijing.
Oh, no! This is reminding me that on my trip next month I only have One Night in Beijing (sounds like a song). So I face the DUCK CONUNDRUM -- where to go, when there are countless places.

I didn't know Peter didn't like Xiao Wang's. I guess it figures. I like it, and I think they have very good duck. And, as you allude to, I also think that they have some other very good dishes on their menu. Man (or woman) should not live on duck alone, so this is what I'd call a "balanced choice."

Do they still have the Ritan Park location? I think I'm staying near there, and I've always found that restaurant's setting to be very pleasant. A nice "special event" restaurant without having to pay much of a special event price.