FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Quarters
Thread: Club Quarters
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2010, 9:39 am
MNTEERFLYER

Programs: Dividend Miles Preferred-Gold, HHonors- Diamond , Priority Club-Gold, Emerald Club- Executive
I like the CQ, but only for a few days.

I stay at the CQ in Houston quite frequently. I've also stayed at the CQ in Philly. I'm a Hilton/Intercontinental guy, but I don't mind staying at the CQ when I need to stay downtown, mainly because of the low rates. Its always a great deal. When people ask me about the room size, I'm honest. They are small rooms, perfect for someone traveling alone and only staying 1-3 nights. (I did spend a week (5 nights) at the CQ-Houston once and will admit I was feeling a bit cramped by the end of my stay.) I will agree that everything is well organized for a small space. My biggest complaint is that you have to go to the supply closet in the hallway for a iron and ironing board or call the front desk.

The staff at the CQ-Houston is awesome. I got upgraded to a suite the last night I was there. They are always pleasant and very helpful. The Table 7 bistro connected to the lobby is good place to grab a meal if you don't want to leave the hotel (although there are a ton of good restaurants around, that are never crowded in the mid-week evenings).

I'm thinking about staying at one of the CQs in NYC. Any advice on which one (WTC, Midtown, Rockefeller Plaza) is the best deal?