FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serious question: What makes a "luxury" hotel?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:59 am
vuittonsofstyle

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
very interesting re design from a soundproofing perspective jspira and vuittonsofstyle

BENLEE - have you found common denominators amongst properties youve found to be well sound proofed? (chain, location, etc)

a new "twist" i dont think has been discussed much in any of the "sources" threads..

just posted >

from earlier in this thread >

from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013743/ >

in the luxury travel industry, what words have become the worst offenders along these lines - most often representing at least exaggeration if not outright fabrication?

conversely, are there words that are being used by luxury hotels/chains that effectively communicate quality/service/etc?

or to be less serious, as that is what prompted my question, and i would not say this is something of great import - have you experienced a particularly amusing example of such a word turning out to be less than accurate?

[B]and perhaps a better serious question would be - when advertising/PR get carried away, how do true luxury properties handle "recovery"?[[/B
VERY amusing and very apt, Kage. In my experience, luxury properties handle recovery by panicking. Either that, or they sue you - bad idea.