FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAH-ANC questions
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:48 am
J.Edward

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
The 753 has the overhead LCDs every few rows, standard domestic F seats and no IFP (which is a big issue to me.) The plane itself is fine, but for the 7hr flight I'd make sure my laptop/iWhatever was fully charged before takeoff.

As for upgrades, they're tough on the route. Have you considered going via SEA or PDX and booking the separate flights, vis-a-vis the through ones? -- In other words booking IAH-SEA/PDX (1), SEA/PDX-ANC (2), ANC-PDX/SEA (3), PDX/SEA-IAH (4).

Also if you're looking to rack up the miles, there's currently a double mile promo for the PDX-ANC-PDX sector as well.

Finally the F meal on the non-stop ANC fight is pathetic. Seriously. Back when I was on it two years ago it was the standard mid-con meal + the cold plate an hour or so out of ANC. That meal should be transcon catered at the very least (3 entrees + app + salad + sunday + prelanding munchies) but whatever -- bottom line is the meal on 407 is not worth it IMHO.