FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:03 pm
josephstern
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PedroNY
It is taking a bit longer than 2 weeks to post now. My wife has been waiting for almost 4 weeks, she called -- they said it will get posted within 6-8 weeks of funding. They maybe waiting to see if people are holding $$$ in their accounts, and not giving out miles right away. It was about 2 weeks for me a few months ago.

Also, It is "per household", but as long as you open up brokerage accounts with sepearte SS# and don't have a co-owner, I am hard pressed to know how they figure out each households.

Finally, is it me, or am I missing something here. It used to be $10k deposit to get 15,000 miles before, now they say you need $25k deposit to get these miles. That is kind of a stretch, especially if you need to hold on to those miles in the account for 6 months!

You can get 2,500 * 6 = 15,000 miles with BankDirect by holding on to that money in their checking account for 6 months. That does not inlcude sign up bonus, or direct deposit bonus which would give you an addtional 6,000 miles.

Best,

PedroNY
Well, they could certainly start enforcing the "per household" rule by disallowing the same last name as the same street address. They don't seem to have taken even that small step.

Yes, compared to BankDirect, and assuming you keep the money in the whole time, it's not a great deal. But for those who want to open a brokerage account anyway, great deal.