FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance of compensation???
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:10 am
busman7

Programs: AA
Well excuse me for being a second class citizen who flies L class & uses open tickets so they can change plans & expects when purchasing a ticket that it will be honored in a reasonable time frame!

Well now I know that One World & their Australian member Qantas are both NOT very reliable or upfront organizations to deal with, especially Qantas whose sales reps need to upgrade their knowledge & public relations skills.

As to the myth that AA has an office in Australia where they can change RTW tickets, I did call the Australian office, or at least the Australian number, the office could have been anywhere & was told it was NOT a public office where customers could come in & I would have to do the change through Qantas.

Never had a problem with AA anywhere, they were very accommodating at the Bangkok office when I changed the date on a previous leg, actually the flight that brought me to this land where Qantas seems to have a monopoly & treat their customers with utter contempt.

Oh well all's well that ends well & Qantas only ripped me off for $1034 to get out of this expensive hell hole & I have learned the lesson that a One World ticket isn't worth the paper it's written on & I surely shall never return & avoid Qantas like the plague from now on.