FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Baltimore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:02 am
sophiegirl

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
1 night stay. 2 rooms booked. Received Plat amenity for both. Booked doubles (all that was left using corp rate) FD managed to locate 2 Kings on the Harborside even though hotel was sold out. Major kudos. Forgot CL access, extremely apologetic, and new keys were delivered to the room ASAP. IMO partially my fault as my requests for room changes disrupted the check-in process/patter.

CL was a disappointment. Very small, no harbor view, and rather untidy. Access to frig 24/7 is a plus. Did not breakfast there as restaurant brekkie is included in my corp rate.

Rooms themselves are nice, but not spectacular. "City sized" with smaller sized bath. Doubles appear to have tubs, Kings have showers - normal amenities. Both have the usual desk area; flat screen TV. Instead of a chair + hassock, rooms have the chaise lounge chairs - great place to enjoy the view. And the view is spectacular - day and nite. ^

Brekkie was Hyatt buffet - but Mr Sophie wanted a waffle, and they made it for him. Another person in our party did not want the buffet scrambled eggs - they made him new ones. Pretty restaurant with fountain and pond. Server was absolutely one of the best I have ever experienced.

This may be a standard Hyatt - but what placed it in the superior range was the quality of service. Everyone was accommodating, friendly, and all requests were met. Mr. Sophie left his phone in the room - we called back and when we returned, hotel security was outside waiting for us with phone in hand. Very nice.