FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC Limousine / Car Services
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2010, 6:08 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by peachy3
1. Get to Grand Hyatt NY from JFK, 2 pieces of heavy luggage, time of day: 1600. It seems many people recommend taxi for this. I was not able to find the flat fare for taxi... What would it be including tip and tolls?
$45 for the taxi, $4.57 (yes, $4.57) for the toll, plus tip. If happy with the service, I pay $60 all in. A couple of dollars less if not.

2. Get to LGA from Grand Hyatt NY, time of day: arriving 0700 (?, not sure how far in advance we need to be at the airport for US domestic flights), departing 0759. It seems consensus is for a car service, like dial 7?
If you leave the hotel at 6:30, you'll be fine for a 7:59 domestic departure from LGA. Just hop in a cab at the hotel (they'll be a line of them outside the door); no reason to bother calling a car service and worrying about weather they show up on time.

3. Get to Grand Hyatt NY from LGA, time of day: 2135. Consensus for this seems to be a taxi. Is there a flat fee for this route?
Taxi is the best bet, but there is not a flat fee. It should run about $30, including toll and tip. I'd probably tell the driver to take the Trioboro Bridge, but you also could have him take the BQE to the Midtown Tunnel. If you want to save the $4.57 (yes, $4.57) toll, you could take the 59th Street Bridge, which will add a little (not a lot, but a little) time to your travel, but when I arrive that late, I just want to get home.

4. Get to LGA from Grand Hyatt NY, 2 pieces of heavy luggage, time of day, departure 1100. I assume this is near peak hour. What would be the best choice for this?
Taxi. Leave the hotel at 9:00. You'll be fine.