FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have One On Us
Thread: Have One On Us
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:37 am
Mr. Elliott

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mdaecher
Spend the 5 or 7 bucks if you really want a drink that bad. And be happy when/if you do get a coupon.

For crying out loud, I bet you stood in line for 5 hours at Denny's for a free $2.99 Grand Slam after the Super Bowl.

And we wonder why the airlines don't initiate many new benefits - this is probably a good example of why.

Rant over.
No I didn’t stand on line at Denny’s for a free Grand Slam, I have better things to do with my life, but I didn’t make fun at anyone who did. I think it was a great publicity stunt for Denny’s.

I am a million mile member at AA, but shifted to Delta and it is all the little things that Delta does that keeps me there, things like complementary upgrades at all fare classes, not waiting to get enough 500 mile coupons at AA to even qualify for an upgrade, onboard snacks, complementary alcohol in the Sky Club and now the Have one on us coupons.

So if you don’t care about any of these amenities, so be it, but don’t put down other people with your rants who do like these amenities.

End of my rant

Mr. Elliott