FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of crew (and fleet) integration
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:34 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As early as last June, there were formerly NW routes out of MSP that were staffed by DL crews--for example, the seasonal 767 service to CDG, due to the equipment that was used in 2009. In addition, the MSP-ATL route was switched totally to DL aircraft pretty early in the merger process.

So far I've been able to easily guess whether the FAs are PMNW or PMDL; they have different styles of interacting with passengers in general, even if regional accents aren't in evidence. The welcome announcements always used to indicate where the crew was based, but I don't think I've been hearing that information recently, although sometimes I ask.

For the FAs, it's a lot of different aircraft to know as well as modified services now for everyone. I assume that every FA must be qualified on every plane, even planes that don't fly from their base. Is this correct? And I assume it's also correct that every DL FA is trained to do FC and BE (although I know some implicitly specialize), in contrast to the way most foreign carriers only train a subset of excellent and experienced FAs for premium cabin service, including wines.