FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
Old May 28, 2010, 9:15 am
nsr

Originally Posted by FlyIn2FlyOut
I wouldn't even trust those Hilton managed chains either, because if their corporate programming doesn't honor a well publicized promise such as their 'Best Rate Guarantee' (under which they would make less money but keep customers happy and returning), I don't imagine they would honor a 100% guarantee (under which they'd lose all the money).
HH BRG is the worst period. But the 100% guarantee is completely different. It is amazing how different are the two programs. I find that Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites really try to do their best to resolve problems. However, I had one stay that was completely messed-up, and ended-up getting a smaller suite from what I originally ordered. I offered to pay part of the room and the receptionist just refunded everything! (no manager needed or any kind of authorization).

They can give you all kind of excuses for denying the BRG but the the 100% guarantee is just that.