FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I use my elite benefits for others? (check-in, boarding, etc.) [Merged Threads]
Old May 26, 2010, 4:26 pm
TechnoPagan

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Curious about when this happened. Recently? Because it has never happened to me at PHL and I've done this with basically every GA that works there.
This past January (1/7/2010 to be exact). This was actually my first flight out of PHL (relocated from IAD) - and the first time flying with this many family members on different PNRs (although the GA did not know that, she just looked at the boarding passes and said they could not board with me and we all stepped to the side).

It really wasn't a big deal, I just wanted to know if I was right or wrong (still not really sure ). Seems we were more of a PITA standing off to the side of the red carpet until general boarding was allowed, at which time the rest of my party boarded while I talked to the 1K desk and waited for the SD.

I was really impressed with him (the SD), he listened to my concern, explained what the GAs are told, I apologized for being a PITA, he apologized, we shook hands and parted at the aircraft door. Then came on about 5 minutes later and informed me that an apology email was forthcoming (wasn't necessary, but certainly appreciated).