FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Pearl River {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2010, 6:43 am
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Had a quick stay at this hotel last night and wanted to provide an update.

Hotel is located in a quiet area near some office buildings and backs up to a golf course. As a Diamond, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite (basically an extended room with a large sitting area at the end) and received a coupon for the breakfast buffet, along with three bottles of water. The buffet was good and had all kinds of fruit, breads, cereal, eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, etc. - nothing extravagant, but it did the trick.

I thought that the room was nice and one feature that I loved was that it had two double-hung windows that opened all the way - don't see that much in hotels. I had the windows all the way open and with the golf course right behind the hotel it was very quiet. I love to sleep with fresh air and wish that more hotels would have windows that opened wide.

The hotel seems to have a bit more personality than your typical Hilton and all of the staff were very nice. The bathroom also had a great rainfall-type showerhead.

Can't say much about things to do in the area as I got here late and left early, but I would return here if I needed to be in this part of the world again.