FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL to begin service to Monrovia (ROB)
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2010, 6:07 pm
Erasmus

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Great news indeed! ROB has undergone a serious overhaul in the past year since DL tried last time, so hopefully the TSA will give this one the go-ahead. ^ Guess the brand new shiny DL office in downtown Monrovia will now have planes to sell tickets on!

Those of you wondering why the routing is ATL-ACC-ROB and not the reverse have clearly never been to ACC or ROB. DL is building service at ACC with the new ATL service, and ACC has facilities for both catering and crew overnighting, neither of which are easily come by in ROB.

Interesting timing on the ACC-ROB legs, though, as it basically lines up with the KQ flight that currently continues to NBO. Wonder if KQ/DL plan on code sharing or if KQ will be dropping the tag on the days of week that DL decides to operate.

I was actually surprised to see the award level at medium. So far I'm the only one in the BE cabin on the inaugurals.

(Also, FWIW, those with shipping registries need not actually visit ROB. To my understanding, Liberia does business out of NYC for their rather large registered fleet.)