FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic pax not allowed to access Int'l Concourse in BWI?
Old May 16, 2010, 6:11 pm
FriendlySkies
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
There is not easy answer to this. Almost every airport has difrerent layouts
as to what concessions are pre-security, or which ones are in different terminal areas and what access you have. The same applies to airline clubs too.
After 9-11, the hard rule was you must have a same-day to be screened to entered a secured area in a airport. You have a same day ticket but you want to entered a different terminal/concourse to visit a particular restaurant.
Some airports will let you, some won't. I can give you an example of something that happended today at CMH. The only airport Starbucks is on the A concourse. Someone with a ticket to a different concourse wanted to enter A to go to Starbucks and they let her get screened and go there. It was not very busy at the time so this may have helped.
I tried to do this at MCO to visit the Outback Steakhouse near the F9 gates, although I was flying UA.. I was denied.. Some will, some won't. I guess it also depends on the TSO..