FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC Limousine / Car Services
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2010, 4:56 am
martinfoss

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by martinfoss
Hi all.

I'm in the middle of planning a trip to NYC with four family members (all except me are first time visitors), and was considering to book a limousine to transport us from EWR to our hotel at E 45th street.

First, i was wondering if one taxi would be to small for us, if we all bring one piece of luggage each, so I was wondering if we might need two, and then thought a limo would a better choice, if it turns out to cost approximately the same as two taxis (not quite sure about the taxi price).

Anyhow, Google found me a company calle NYC Limousine, who has a 6-seater that would cost USD 168,51, including all tolls, taxes and 20% tips. Converted to norwegian money, it doesn't seem too expensive, so i think I've made the decision too book one. Trying to search this forum for "NYC Limousine", gives me any thread containing info about Limousines in NYC, byt not much ab out this specific company. Their website looks ok, and i like the fact that I can book online, and not do anything else untill I'm supposed to look for the driver holding up a sign with my name on it at EWR.

Does anyone have any experience with this comapny, and would you recommend it?

https://nyclimousine.com
Hi again. I can now confirm that NYC Limousine worked smoothly. As we exited the customs hall, our driver was there, holding up a sign with my name on it. He then walked us to the parking lot, where this was waiting:

We quickly got inside, and without even asking, the driver drove us to the correct adress. All in all, a very comfortable ride, and our mother and our aunt were very surprised (this was planned as a surprise by me and my sister).

We ended up paying something like 173 USD. We probably could have gotten it cheaper, but I really enjoyed the conveniece, and the "smoothness" of just making the booking, and then not having to do anything before having to locate the driver upon arrival. They're also monitoring your flight, so even if you're 5 hours delayed, they will be waiting for you, and you're not starting to pay before your flight actually lands - or after the delayed pickup time, like in our case, 30 minutes after our flight landed.

Last edited by martinfoss; May 16, 2010 at 4:11 pm