FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Baggage Delivery Tag Question
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2010, 1:49 am
Simmo

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Wow, that's really bad that there's no luggage benefit in OW. So even Emerald members get refused?? What a bad policy... anger the highest tier elites by refusing a simple benefit that costs nothing to provide.
I can tell you that in Japan i've found it very rare that anyone doesn't follow the rules they have to the letter. If they have been told it's only for JAL Elite then that's it. Closed case. If you get checked in by a contracted company on behalf of JAL ( I suspect this happened to me before when i did get tags) then you may get lucky.

As mentioned above they are completely within their right not to provide that benefit as there is nothing anywhere that says they have to. Japan is one of the few places in the world where if your bag is tags priority it does come out first whether it be with JAL or ANA so it's a pretty valuable benefit here. Some times i've come off a flight from CTS to HND and my bags come out the moment i get there and i just pick them up and keep walking.

The time i did get my bags tagged priority, I nearly got op upped up on JAL once as an Sapphire except it was an award seat and they said they would have op upped if i wasn't on the cheapest booking class. I was like ohhh don't tell me that......

Oh and Unimatrix One please help me with my Diamond Premier Lounge problem. See here and reply there http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13935819-post74.html i know you must know whether i'm a goose or not.