FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Management on drugs!! (new AA.com)
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2002, 7:40 am
Spyder
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP Lifetime Platinum, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by benoit:
I've always been a strong defender of AA, often asking discussion participants to consider the perspective of the company instead of only their own. Yet I am having a very hard time sympathizing with AA's perspective tonight, and minimizing my concerns with regard to the new AA.com website.</font>
Hmm. When someone else expresses a concern you admit to playing the devil's advocate, but look for consensus when you raise a concern. That's a dangerous game.

May I suggest in defense of AA, that the new web-site may have been developed to meet multiple objectives besides that of meeting end-user needs. I'm sure that the perceived "look" of the web site may be just as important to sr mgmt as ease of use for end-users. Additionally, IT depts are notorious for meeting deadlines by shuffling functionality and speed into "secondary" builds.

While I agree with your conerns about speed, I'm not sure anything will change in the near future based on any amount of complaining. Check back in 6 months and you may see some improvement.