FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Miles, Money, and companion ticket for spring break 2011 travel
Old May 6, 2010, 7:43 am
thezinfan

Programs: AAdvantage - Lifetime Plat, MVP, SPG - gold, Marriot - silver
Angry Different answers from different agents.

Originally Posted by missydarlin
You can book the OB and then call in and add the return next week, but unless you're a Gold, you'll get hit with a change fee to do so.

Might as well just wait.

Here's what drives me crazy about airlines in general.... I called yesterday to confirm that I would be able to do what you described. I was told that I could apply the change to both tickets in a week by adding the return, and since the return inventory wasn't available, i wouldn't even have to pay a change fee.

Then I called back this morning at 6am to pull the trigger, and was told inventory wasn't available yet...but i ran through the scenario again and was told that YES i could do that, but to call back in an hour or so when the flights would be in the system.....so of course I call back and agent #3 basically says..."what are you talking about, you can do that...even if you pay a change fee"....

So i guess its try call #4 and see what answer I get. Of course, now I can't believe what I'll be told, because when I call back next week to add the return, who knows what they'll tell me are the rules.