FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Valencia, Spain [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:32 pm
Mahalo

I stayed here last month. I booked a family package rate and when I couldn't reserve this online, the hotel was helpful in confirming the rate and reservation.

From 2 nights stay for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children

* Accommodation in a Junior or Executive Suite
* Third night for free (3 x 2) at check-out time
* Buffet breakfast at Rosmarino restaurant
* Ticket to The City of Arts and Sciences or Bioparc
* Parking at the hotel

The first day we arrived late and the junior suite (on 2nd floor) was all set up with an extra bed. The junior suite is a large room but had a wrap around terrace. The terrace seemed bigger than the room itself and had a table with 4 chairs and 2 lounge chairs. The lounge chairs appear to be indoor furniture and although white in color had already begun to blackened but expectedly. As I have 2 young boys, I asked (the next day) if it's possible to have a 2nd bed but realistically the room isn't that large and it would have been difficult. By late morning, the hotel had arranged to have me upgraded to the executive suite. The executive suite was on the first floor and did not have a terrace but consisted of 2 equal sized rooms; bedroom and a living room (sofa, chairs, circular dining table with 4 chairs) which could fit 2 beds easily despite all the other furniture in the room. I wouldn't say there is much of a view surrounding the hotel and should you receive a room facing the interior (we did not), it may be a bit more idyllic as they have a garden set up with lounge chairs within their courtyard.

Buffet breakfast at Rosemarino's was excellent and the staff was very attentive. I did not use the health club but did check it out and it was well equipped including a newer type of resistance machine. It's unfortunate that the hotel does not allow kids in the pool and charges 10 Euros per person. I didn't take the kids to see the pool as they would have been very disappointed with the hotel policy.

Staff was always extremely helpful. Overall, a great stay.