FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MyMulti tickets
Thread: MyMulti tickets
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:28 am
1Banker

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
MyMulti vs Sydney Pass. Which is better for visitors?

The new system has been operating for more than a week now. How is it working for international visitors? I will arrive from the USA in July. The last trip I purchased the SydneyPass. It was ok, but rather expensive since I was in the CBD & walked to most places. I will be in the same area of the city again. Any advise on what is best?
Thanks!

Originally Posted by thadocta
It's actually a very good way of doing it, and for tourists, it will be a Godsend.

They are basically switching to either myTrain, myBus or myFerry which, for short term travellers, will work out better.

Where it gets interesting is for the longer term traveller, who gets into the myMulti product.

Basically, a myMulti will include travel on ALL buses (both government and privately operated) and ferry services, the only difference will be the rail component (which will tell you whether you want a myMulti1, myMulti2 or a myMulti3) - the different product will tell you which rail component you get, you will get total bus and ferry regardless of the product.

Works out good for those wishing to undertake day trips, as the myMulti3 Day ticket ($20) will cover EVERYWHERE - Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, Newcastle, etc., whereas the DayTripper never used to cover this.

Dave