FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Birmingham Metropole {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just had two recent stays here and overall they were good experiences. The hotel looks *dreadful* outside but inside it's much, much better. I stayed in an Exec Junior Suite (upgarded from Exec Queen) and an Exec Queen (upgraded from Std Queen). Very nicely refurbished rooms. the junior suite offered lots of space over two rooms. Exec lounge was very nice - the usual nibbles/canapes and drinks but nicely done.

Now the negatives, but only on the 2nd stay; £3.50 for ice to be delivered to the room (no thanks!) and a mandatory £7.00 parking charge (no choice!) I (politely) challenged this on check-out but was firmly told "no exceptions - it's policy". Since when? I have stayed in many UK Hiltons and have never been charged for ice or parking - what gives? Is this a new way of nickel & diming Golds/Diamonds in the UK?

FYI - just stayed at Leeds Hilton and they were very happy to deliver a huge bucket of ice to my room, completely free-of-charge ^