View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:46 pm
Creole Spirit

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by vbroucek
From THAI website:

I would interpret this as follows:
1) passengers booked for particular flight have their seats guaranteed
2) any free seats will be filled in with those above, based on their reservation sequence, or better I would argue on number of days stranded, fare buckets and other variables... In many cases status will also play role as has been proven on LH...

That's what others do, including that they (in some cases) do not allow taking seats from other fare buckets etc...

Your theory about using booking sequence only is flawed anyway, because for example my flights MEL-BKK-CDG on 6 May were booked in September 2009, so my ticketing/booking sequence number will for sure be lower than someones who booked flight in January for yesterday cancelled flight... So I should have priority anyway...

It is for sure: TG will respect existing bookings first and then fill up the flight"s available seats by stranded (returning) passengers first (in sequence of their original travel date, means those who were originally bookded on 16/17Apr wil be granted priority to those originally booked for 18/19/20April), and then those who are on their outbound trip and beginning their journey, also in sequence of originally planned travel date.
TG is aware that they cant kick off guests with confirmed reservations for the resumed flights in favour of strnded guests...tha twould result in a breach of contract.
The reason for the misleading flight numbers on CDG route is that they had intended to meanwhile operate / divert those flights to Toulouse and had assigned the TG9309/9319 flight numbers for the Toulouse fligths already.
same to/from Frankfurt today: flight no 9239 was used for the rerouted ZRH-BKK operation while TG 9259 operates from FRA (even though it would be a substitute to Munich)